Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Welcome to Impy's


This blog will be dedicated to my love for gaming and my passion for Tabletop Role Playing Games and miniatures. This blog is the precursor of a website that will serve as not just an organizational area, but a place to share my insight into games and storytelling.

I go by the handle of GMBaal. I'm sure those of you that have been around me for a while wonder why I go by such a stupid handle. Well the GM is for Game Master. That's what I do most of the time when I'm at a table playing games. I'm the man behind the screen running the game, writing the setting and sometimes adjusting the system.

My love for gaming goes back to AD&D. I wanted to play and I wanted to check it out so much. My family was at a yard sale and there was my way into it... for $1 the first quest box set. I got my dad to buy it for me. Objective one achieved.

Now I had my brother and a couple of friends, but no one wanted to sit down and learn the rules... Well me being the one that wanted to play the worst, I said fine... I'll sit down and learn the rules and we'll play. And so we did and it was GOOD!

I've been behind the screen ever since. That was 18 years ago. So for the Baal side of things, we fast forward to High School for that when I got the bug for the game Diablo, not just the game, but the lore as well. The Prim-evil of Baal was the being that I thought was the coolest. So when I was looking for a new handle for the web... GMBaal it was.

But back to what will be happening on this blog. I'll be posting about games that I'm running, giving reviews of local gaming stores, and talking about game systems and the stories that I enjoy developing so much. I'm starting here in blog form then will probably move to a full fledged website focused in the local area of Charlotte, NC and the surrounding area.

Now why the name? Well to explain this I have to reveal just how awesome of a husband and how big of a geek I am. On our honeymoon I introduced my wife to D&D 3.5. She had played other games over the years, but never played D&D. So, she likes to play the bad guys and she wanted an imp for a familiar. Well there are rules for that.

Her familiar was named Imppy. This blog is dedicated to the character that has appeared in two D&D games and actually has a bit of a fan club. Even though he has very sticky hands and an appetite for Dragon Eggs.

So why should you come by and look at things that amuse me? Maybe you will get some amusement as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment